Yesterday, my dad and his lovely wife Dorothy began their vacation by spending the night at our home. They are coming back again to enjoy July 4th at the lake.
(Ok, sidenote here ~ dad is 80 and Dorothy is 83. Together they weigh about 3 pounds. And look at that head of dark hair. Dorothy does not color it, yup, that is her natural hair color. If they had taken off their jackets, you would see their 2010 Bloomsday shirts, which they did under 2 hours. Oh, and they have been married for three years and have been on trips to Viet Nam, Nepal and Mexico, training pastors. And three times a week they do jail ministry in Spokane. Didn't mean to get this sidetracked here . . . but aren't they amazing.)
So here is how you entertain when you live on beautiful Lake Washington:
1. make a yummy summer salad
2. sit on the deck eating, talking and enjoying the view for hours
3. go for a long walk to Coulon Park (which is where this picture was taken)
4. make a peach crisp (earlier in the day)
5. sit back on the porch for dessert and watch the most amazing sky for over an hour.
6. go to bed
We had a delightful evening together. As we were falling asleep last night, my husband said to me, "Well, the lake beautifully provided tonight's entertainment."