We live in the city and we love it. But once in awhile one must escape to the suburbs and escape we did ... for a lovely date day in St. Charles.
Ten ways I knew I was in the suburbs
1. The roads were much wider.
2. I did not hear a single siren.
3. There was lovely green grass in the median.
4. I could see much more sky.
5. Our matinee ticket was $5.50.
(rather than $9.50 - $11.50)
6. There was plenty of free parking everywhere.
7. Gas was 30 cents a gallon cheaper.
8. It was so much quieter.
9. People made eye contact with you and said hi.
10. I could not see the Sears Tower.
At the end of a great day, we were happy to return to our noisy, expensive, crowded city that we call home.