One of the funny things about Facebook is knowing when my friends here and around the world have the flu. While I am not fond of all the details (thank you very much) it is a good reminder to begin my yearly flu prevention strategy.
1. Always use the cart wipes to clean the handle of your shopping cart. I grab the wipe first and clean all sides of the handle.
2. Never use a public pen. When I need to sign any paperwork, I always use my own pen. And if there is a machine that requires you to use an attached pen, I use a tissue to hold it.
3. Be intentional about keeping your hands away from your face. (a hard habit for me to break)
4. Do not touch public door knobs. I use a paper towel or the sleeve of my jacket.
5. When you have been out and about, wash your hands as soon as you get home.
6. Wash your hands a lot, if you are visiting a home that has or has recently had sickies in it.
7. Change your dish towels and hand towels every morning. And if someone in the family gets sick, makes those towels off limits to them.
8. Drink lots of water, eat lots of fruits and veggies and take your vitamins.
And ... teach your kids to do the same thing.
|Daniel and Jenny's wedding tea|
I raise a delicious cup of hot tea to ... good health this holiday season.
image credit: 1, 2